GUIDELINES FOR USING GIMBAL, INC. TRADEMARKS
If You have received written permission from Gimbal, Inc. (“Gimbal”) to use the Gimbal™ brands with your product or promotional materials, You can use Gimbal’s brands and logos in accordance with the permissions granted provided that you follow the guidelines described below.
These guidelines are intended for Gimbal’s developers, licensees, customers, and other parties who have written permission to use Gimbal’s trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos or images (the “Marks”) in promotional, advertising, instructional, or reference materials, or on their web sites, applications, products, labels, or packaging. Please follow any special trademark usage guidelines, conditions and restrictions set forth in the applicable agreement with Gimbal or written permission granted by Gimbal.
Any use of Marks that does not fully comply with these guidelines is prohibited.
Authorized Use of Gimbal Marks
1. Press Releases for a Gimbal Developer: Subject to the Gimbal Developer Agreement (located at https://manager.gimbal.com/sdk-license) which may be changed from time to time, You may disclose that You are a Gimbal Developer within a press release provided the press release does not contain any quotes from Gimbal or its Affiliates, a copy of the press release is provided to Gimbal at least forty-eight (48) hours in advance of publishing and incorporates the following language: “[Application] uses the Gimbal™ location and proximity platform for mobile engagement. Gimbal is a trademark of Gimbal, Inc., registered in the United States and other countries. Used with permission.” Capitalized terms contained in this Section 1 shall have the meaning ascribed to them in the Gimbal Developer Agreement.
2. Advertising, Promotional, and Sales Materials: Only Gimbal and its authorized resellers and licensees may use the Marks in advertising, promotional, and sales materials. If you are a reseller, developer, licensee or customer who has been authorized in writing, You may use the Marks only as specified in Your agreement with Gimbal and any associated guidelines. Such use must always be in conjunction with these Guidelines and the appropriate terms that define the relationship authorized by Your agreement with Gimbal.
3. Compatibility: If permitted in writing, You may use Gimbal’s name and Gimbal word marks in a referential phrase on packaging or promotional/advertising materials to describe that the third party product uses the referenced Gimbal product or technology, provided You comply with the following requirements.
• The Gimbal word mark is not part of the product name.
• The Gimbal word mark appears less prominent than the product name.
• The product does in fact use the referenced Gimbal product.
• The reference to Gimbal or the applicable Gimbal products or services does not create a sense of endorsement, sponsorship, or false association with Gimbal or Gimbal products or services.
• The use does not show Gimbal or its products in a false or derogatory light.
4. Publications, Seminars, and Conferences: Provided You have been given express written permission for such use, You may use the Marks in connection with book titles, magazines, periodicals, seminars, or conferences provided You comply with any requirements set forth in the written permission and the following requirements:
• The use is referential and less prominent than the rest of the title.
• The use reflects favorably on both Gimbal and Gimbal products or technology.
• Your name and logo appear more prominent than the Gimbal Marks on all printed materials related to the publication, seminar or conference.
• The Gimbal logo or any other Gimbal-owned graphic symbol, logo, icon or image does not appear on or in the publication or on any materials related to the publication, seminar, or conference without express written permission from Gimbal.
• A disclaimer of sponsorship, affiliation, or endorsement by Gimbal, similar to the following, is included on the publication and on all related printed materials: “(Title) is an independent (publication) and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Gimbal, Inc.”
• A trademark attribution notice is included in the credit section giving notice of Gimbal’s ownership of its Marks. Please refer to the section below titled “Proper Trademark Notice and Attribution.”
5. Gimbal Beacons: Provided You have a written agreement (which would include a “click-through” agreement) with Gimbal, you are permitted to use and display the Gimbal beacons provided that you reference them as “Gimbal Beacons” and use the Gimbal beacons in accordance with the remainder of this guideline document.
Unauthorized Use of Gimbal Marks
You shall not, and You shall ensure that Your contractors do not, display the Marks in any manner that falsely expresses or implies that the product or service or any content transmitted via the product or service is sponsored or endorsed by Gimbal.
Proper Notice and Attribution
On product, product documentation, or other product communications that will be distributed only in the United States, use the appropriate trademark symbol (™) the first time the Gimbal Marks appear in the text of the advertisement, brochure, or other material.
Include an attribution of Gimbal’s ownership of its Marks within the credit notice section of your product, product documentation, or other product communication.
Following are the correct attribution formats:
• Gimbal is a trademark of Gimbal, Inc., registered in the United States and other countries.
Authorized Use of the Gimbal Logo & Trademark
Gimbal in text
• The Gimbal trademark must be followed by the appropriate trademark symbol (™) the first time it appears in text.
• The Gimbal trademark must always be capitalized and used as an adjective followed by a generic term. It is never to be used as a noun, hyphenated or made plural or possessive.